Consultations about the Difficult Decisions required by Cardiff Council
Cardiff Council has made a commitment to engage with the citizens and communities of Cardiff about the difficult decisions required. Last year, the Cardiff Debate was established as a three year programme of engagement to involve citizens in helping to shape the future of public services. As part of the programme of engagement the Council undertook its largest consultation process to date.
The online consultation document in respect of 2016/2017 budget proposals will launch on Friday 11 December 2015 and hard copies will be distributed to hubs, libraries, and leisure centres. The consultation will run until midnight on Tuesday 12 January 2016. Following this, the results of the consultation will be analysed and considered by Cabinet when finalising their 2016/17 Budget Proposals for consideration by Council
A series of neighbourhood events will take place during the consultation period. These events will provide people with an opportunity to give their views on the consultation, complete the questionnaire, give ideas on other ways in which the Council can work differently and express an interest in volunteering or playing a potential role in managing services or assets.
The Consultation events happening on Cardiff Central are detailed below:
- Monday 14th December, 10am - 12pm Central Library Hub
- Monday 14th December, 11am - 1pm The Powerhouse
- Tuesday 15th December, 11am - 1pm Dalton Street Day Centre, Cathays
- Thursday 17th December, 10am - 12pm Rhydypennau Library
- Tuesday 22nd December, 4pm - 6pm Winter Wonderland
- Tuesday 5th January 4pm - 6pm Maindy Centre, Cathays